Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Dinner Diary: 7/11/10 -- Cucumber Ginger Yogurt Sauce


  • Sautéed Red Swiss Chard
  • Black-Eyed Peas with Smoked Paprika
  • Sliced Tomatoes with Red Onion & Basil (all from Jacqueline & Fe's garden!!)
  • Roasted Salmon Fillet with Cucumber Ginger Yogurt Sauce












In an attempt to continue my study of sauces and effort to add variety, I put together this yogurt based sauce. Scouring the refrigerator, I gathered cucumber, ginger, garlic, and lemon.

I like that there is no mayonnaise in sight, here -- I'm not a big fan.

In fact, it wasn't until just this moment that I realized that there are two Ns in the word!

This is a very simple, refreshing yogurt sauce, but it tastes great with salmon (and probably barbecued chicken too!) and definitely steers me away from what I typically pair with fish -- a tarragon, chervil, or chive vinaigrette.

Cucumber Ginger Yogurt Sauce

1 cup whole milk Greek yogurt, preferably Fage
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon minced or grated fresh ginger
1 cucumber peeled, and chopped
Salt and freshly ground pepper
Freshly squeezed lemon juice to taste

Combine all the ingredients. Taste for seasoning. Spoon contentedly over whatever protein or vegetables you are eating.



1 comment:

dollyj said...

Simply amazing! I'm absolutely drooling over this blog and your "Dinner Diary" from 7/11/10 makes my mouth water. Keep up the good work Jacqueline and Fe!